260g all purpose flour
4tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 Large egg
56g butter, melted and slightly coated
RECIPE FOR VEGAN PANCAKES
4 tablespoons of castor sugar
5 tablespoons baking powder
400 mls oat/almond milk
1 tablespoon oil
1 teaspoon salt
4 drops of vanilla extract
1. Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl
2. In another bowl mix the egg, milk, butter and vanilla. Then slowly add the dry ingredients
3. Mix well but still make sure the batter is slightly lumpy, this means it has not been over mixed
4. Place a pan on a medium heat and melt small knobs of butter before adding the batter.
5. Pour the thick batter into the pan and cook on one side until bubbles appear ( this means its ready to flip)
6. Serve with toppings of your choice, and enjoy!
METHOD FOR VEGAN PANCAKES
1. Add the flour, baking powder, salt, and caster sugar into a large bowl. In a separate bowl or jug, lightly whisk together the vegetable based milk vanilla extract and oil, slowly add the milk to flour mixture until a thick batter is formed.
2.Add a little oil to a hot pan, add a ladle of batter (or two if your frying pan is big enough to cook two pancakes at the same time). It will seem very thick but this is how it should be. Wait until the top of the pancake begins to bubble, then turn it over and cook until both sides are golden brown and the pancake has risen to about 1cm/½in thick.
3.Repeat until all the batter is used up. You can keep the pancakes warm in a low oven, but they taste best fresh out the pan.