500g Dark Chocolate (53% cocoa)
500g Caster Sugar
1. Pre-heat oven to 165c
2. Lightly grease pan with butter or oil or line with baking paper.
3. Combine melted butter and chocolate in medium size bowl. Whisk well.
4. To make syrup, add water and sugar to saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring mixture to a simmer and cook, swirling the pan occasionally until the sugar has completely dissolved.
5. Combine chocolate mix with your syrup. Whisk well to combine.
6. Mix eggs and flour together and add to your chocolate mix.
7. Pour batter into prepared pan.
8. Bake for 30-40 mins or until the centre of the brownie no longer jiggles and is set to the touch. If testing with a sharp knife or toothpick, it should come out clean.
9. After 30 mins carefully remove them from the pan and allow to cool to room temperature before slicing into 16 brownies.