This is one of our favourite Vegan snack recipes! There's nothing like a new food trend to get you fired up during lockdown, and these are super easy to make and taste amazing!
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup vegan milk: use water or almond or soy
1 cup plain flour or GF flour
2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp of paprika
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp ground pepper
1 cup Frank’s red hot sauce
1 tbsp vegetable spread (like flora)
1 tablespoon honey or agave
1. Mix the flour, garlic powder, cumin, paprika, salt, pepper, cumin(dredge).
2. Lightly coat the cauliflower in the above mixture(dredge)
3. Remove cauliflower from dredge and place into milk
4. Remove cauliflower from milk and place back into the dredge.
5. Place on to a non-stick baking tray and place into an oven set to 180 degrees for 10-15 mins allowing the cauliflower to go to a nice golden brown colour.
6. In a pan put the franks hot sauce, and the honey and allow to simmer until a nice coating consistency is formed
7. Remove the franks hot sauce from the heat and stir in the butter a little bit at a time
8. When the butter is dissolved, remove the cauliflower from the oven and gently put it into the pan of hot sauce and stir until the cauliflower is completely coated.
9. Remove cauliflower from the pan and place on a plate or bowl.
10. Garnish with some chopped parsley or chive.
11. Serve with a dip of your choice (we love them with vegan garlic mayo!).