Our caramel slice is ridiculously decadent and delicious and pretty easy to make too.
Ingredients for Base
2.5 cups plain flour
3.75 cups caster sugar
Ingredients for Caramel
1 tin condensed milk
3.25 tbsp golden syrup
225g caster sugar
1) Mix all Base ingredients in a bowl until it resembles fine breadcrumbs.
2) Knead the mixture together until it forms a dough then press into a greased baking tin.
3) Prick lightly with a fork and bake (180c) for 20 mins or until firm to touch and very lightly browned. Leave to cool.
4) Place all ingredients in a pan and heat gently until the sugar has dissolved.
5) Bring to boil, stirring all the time. Reduce heat and simmer very gently, stirring continuously for about 5-10 minutes or until the mixture has hardened slightly.
6) pour over the shortbread and leave to cool.